MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

G'day!

Excuse me while I take a trip down memory lane. (no knitting content today.....please indulge me!)

I've been thinking a lot about Australia lately.

Last December my Ornament Exchange Pal from Australia sent Noey a book called "Six White Boomers". It had a music CD with it. The book disappeared for a while in the black hole we call Noey's room and it recently reappeared, so we've been listening to it in the car...over and over and over again. It's a really cute song... until you've heard it 100 times!

Recently I've made 2 new knit blog friends, Katt and Sue, both from Australia.

Today we rented Scooby Doo and the Legend of the Vampire, and guess what? It's set in Australia!!

So.....all this is leading up to our wonderful Australian adventure 7 years ago. I have been all over the world (London, Paris, Rome, Frankfurt, Canada, Mexico) all without Joe. He claims he doesn't like to travel, but once I get him out of town, he has a great time!

Anyway, for our 10th anniversary I turned to Joe one day and asked him if he could go anywhere in the world, where would he go? He answered "Australia!" The next day I went to the travel agent and booked our trip before he could change his mind.

We flew to Sydney on June 24, 1999. We stayed at nice but simple hotel (read: cheap), The Sydney Vista, and we walked, and walked, and walked from one end of Sydney to the other. We went to Darling Harbour and the Sydney Aquarium. (that was awesome!) We went to The Rocks and shopped at the boutiques. We had dinner at Phillip's Foote. We took the ferry over to the Taronga Zoo. We rode to the top of the Sydney Tower. We bought souvenirs at the Haymarket flea market. We took a day tour to the Blue Mountains. Joe learned to throw a boomerang and play a didgeridoo. We had tea in Katoomba and Joe tried Vegemite. (is that how you spell it?) We made a friend at the deli counter of Cole's Express, and she made sandwiches for us each morning as we started out on our days' adventures.

Here we are at the Three Sisters.

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Sue said...

I have to agree with Katt. The only place that I have really seen apart from Melbourne, and I have not been everywhere yet is Tasmania. We travelled through the centre of Tassie and stayed at a place called Richmond. Very beautiful Tassie is. I could easily live there I think. I have not travelled in New South Wales yet, but I would love to. All my craft books that I read have many wonderful places to visit and lots of knitting places too. I think New South Wales would have to have the most craftiest places to visit. Maybe if you ever come again you could visit with Noey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home