MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

More Stash Enhancement!

We finally made it to the Tall Mouse in Cerritos today. It's not that far, maybe 25 miles or so, but we measure everything by freeway time rather than actual miles. Luckily today our freeway time was not bad, about 30 minutes each way.

I was expecting a nicer version of Michael's or JoAnn's, but I was pleasantly surprised! Much, much nicer! They had a nice selection of yarn including Cascade, Berroco, Online, KFI, Noro, as well as Patons, Lion Brand, and Red Heart. They had a sample of this vest made up and it was really cute, so my mom bought the book A Good Yarn for me. I bought some Cascade 220 for it, but now I'm thinking I might use it for something else. I also bought another skein of the pink Cotton Tots for Noey's sweater, because silly me didn't get enough the other day! (you think I would've learned after I had so much trouble finding the Sunshine for the baby hoodie.....and they did have that color too!)

Speaking of the Baby Hoodie Cardigan.....it is finished!! (well, almost!) I got the yarn Thursday morning and finished it Thursday night. I seamed up the hood, and just need to weave in the ends. The Fitted Tank is almost done as well! I'm just about to do the neckline shaping on the back.

1 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

That is a great pattern - looks so wearable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home