MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lots going on here....

but not a lot of knitting. As Keohinani says, I've lost my knitting mojo. I have plenty of yarn, plenty of patterns, just no motivation. I started Glampyre's Mini Cardigan, then frogged it. Thought about Green Gable, Ms. Marigold, and the Ribby Shell (I have all the patterns and suitable yarn in my stash) but decided against them all. I finally settled on the Fitted Tank. I started it yesterday with some white Blue Sky Alpaca Dyed Cotton from the stash....but I'm not happy with my ribbing....I just can't get it together!

I did finish Noey's purple cardigan. I think it turned out pretty good. I just need to weave in some ends and sew on the buttons.

Specs:

Pattern:

Knitting Pure and Simple Child's Top Down Cardigan - I made the 2-4 size and it's just right. (this child is so darn skinny!)

Yarn: Caron's Simply Soft 1 1/4 skeins in Violet

3 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I just love Noey's buttons!!! I never would have thought of picking different ones either, but she's right . .. why do they have to match. I admire you for being open-minded about it too - I'm sure others may have told a child "No, they have to be five of the same" - so good for you for encouraging her creativity. Her cardigan looks so pretty, and the buttons will make it really special. I can't wait to see your sewing projects - I keep wanting to sew too, but just don't find the time. I love those handprints the kindergarten made. I know my mom still has ones from me and my brother. Who ever came up with that was a genious!! Oh no, a boyfriend already? I thought in kindergarten boys were still icky?? LOL

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

I cant get my knitting mojo going either Karyn!! I havent even posted on my blog in a month. I gotta find something to entice me back into the fold!!! I hope you get your sticks clicking soon too :)

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

You have a lot of good choices listed! Noey's caridgan came out really well too! Gotta love the kid's choice for buttons! They will look great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home