MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Saturday, April 15, 2006

May I present to you...

my very first sweater!!

Now, I've made numerous scarves, hats, OSW's, and fingerless mitts, but this is my first sweater, albeit a small one! I completed the knitting portion last night about 11:30pm, just need to sew up the underarm holes, weave in the ends, and sew on the buttons.

Top Down Baby Cardigan

Pattern: Free pattern found here

Yarn: Moda Dea Sassy Stripes in Crush 2 1/2 skeins

Started: Monday, April 10, 2006

Completed: Friday, April 14, 2006

This little sweater has given a huge boost to my confidence. I had been feeling stagnant in my knitting, felt like my skills and knowledge were not improving. I was tired of starting then ripping out so many projects because I just couldn't get it.

I LOVE this sweater. And I'm just so dang proud of myself!! Thankfully, my friend is not due until August, so I can fondle and admire this little cutie for a couple of months.

I ordered a Top Down Cardigan pattern for myself as well as one for Noey. They should be bascially the same as this one, right? So... maybe... just maybe... I'll be able to knit myself a sweater!! Looks like Sitcom Chic and Shawl Collared Cardigan are on hold indefinitely. I only wanna go top down from now on!! (but first I have to make the matching hat!)

1 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger Karen said...

That sweater came out terrific - I'm so impressed!!! I've been looking for a sweater pattern to make for my best friends new baby - his Christening in on May 7th. I think I've just found the pattern I'll be using. Don't ever doubt your knitting skills and knowledge - each project you've been making is certainly increasing your knittin ability. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home