MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Sunday, March 05, 2006

A Good Weekend for Knitting

Compared to last weekend, this weekend was pretty boring. When Noey suggested we go to McDonald's PlayPlace yesterday afternoon, I jumped at the chance. Now 2 years ago, before I started knitting, I would've dreaded it.....too crowded and loud for my taste. But now it's an opportunity to get in some uninterrupted knitting. (if you can stand the stares of the non-knitting public!) It's still crowded and noisy, but I was able to make a lot of progress on some Fingerless Mitts for moi. I'm using the rest of my Rowan Cork that my first secret pal, Karen, sent me. I really like the feel of this yarn, too bad it's been discontinued. I would like to make myself a matching scarf if I could find more of this color.

I finished the first one this morning in the church nursery. Joe is here today (which is highly unusual) so he's keeping Noey occupied. They're playing Dolphin and Nemo, while watching some car race, giving me some blogging time, and hopefully more knitting time this afternoon.

I'm into instant gratification lately. I just can't seem to stick with the big projects for long. I still have the Circular Shrug and Sitcom Chic (not to mention Klaralund, Clapotis, several other WIP's) waiting for me. I think I must be a slow knitter. I just can't whip out a sweater as fast as some of you.
I am working on all PINK this month for Project Spectrum. I'm not in the mood for Red, and I don't have much red in my stash anyway.

5 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Looks great! I'm into instant knitting gratification too. I just get b-o-r-e-d to death when something takes too long.
I'm trying to remember if you knit socks. Quick fix, but I can't get the second one knitted either. I actually have 5 socks with no mates.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I love the mitt - hurrah for knitting time!! I'm terribly slow at knitting too. I keep hoping I'll get faster and faster with time - but it certainly isn't happening yet. Sweaters are painful for us slow-pokes, huh? Don't worry, we'll get there!!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Your fingerless mitts look great! I really do love that pattern too. Hopefully I can make time to make myself a pair! In fact I have the Susan Lawrence pattern from Knitpicks that you sent me for SP that I am working on right now! It is the 2 needle pattern. I never realized that fingerless mitts could be so much fun!!!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Shar said...

You are cranking those out. I have a pair on the needles now, thanks for the pattern link. I hope to finish mine before the weekend, it's soccer day and my hands get very cold.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger scarlet said...

I am also sad that Rowan discontinued Cork, but it always seems like "they" are discontinuing whatever's cool. Oh well! I'm glad to see again the yarn I sent, especially knit up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home