MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Where have I been?

Gosh, I've been gone for a while. Nothing exciting kept me away. Just the normal activities of life; school, work, homework, Pioneer Kids, park dates, gymnastics class, church, nursery, blah, blah, blah.

I have been knitting but don't really have any pictures. (except for the big surprise below!) I'm still working on the scarf for my mom.....I do believe it is cursed! I'm not much further than the last picture I posted. I have ripped so many times, I couldn't even tell you how many. It's such an easy pattern, I don't know why I keep losing track of what I'm doing!!

I also started another baby sweater for my friend and coworker, Tabetha. I'm using the same yellow Cotton Tots. The Baby Bolero from One Skein will be frogged and will eventually become a hat to go with the new sweater, a pullover this time. The body is complete but I'm not happy with the first sleeve so rather than frog it and start over , I started something else!! I swatched and cast on for a purple cardigan for Noey this morning. I was just playing with some Caron Simply Soft from my stash when Noey mentioned that was her new favorite color.

Noey drew this for me and said "Why don't you take a picture of this and put it on your blog?" so I did!

3 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Hurrah, the sock, the sock!!! I'm so proud of you! It looks perfect . . . and that was a great idea to start out with a practice sock. Noey's picture is wonderful - does she draw things for you all the time? She's quite the little artist. Her dancing dog show is so cute - and she sure knows how to pick the best costumes!!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Shar said...

Welcome back. The sock looks great.I did something similar with my first sock.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger shizzknits said...

What a lovely picture Noey drew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home