MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Monday, May 08, 2006

and now for some Knitting content

It was a gray and gloomy morning, Noey wasn't feeling good, so we both played hooky today. (is that how you spell hooky?)
I had an overwhelming urge to organize my knitting projects. In my zeal I frogged 4 items that had been languishing a tad too long. One of which was Clapotis. I really love Clapotis, I really want a Clapotis, just not the colorway/yarn I chose. I'm thinking of giving her another shot with Koigu.

I also frogged a poncho I started over a year ago for Noey, (how many ponchos does a child need?), a twisted wrap made of Lion Brand Chenille, and a fingerless mitt I had started for someone but decided I don't want to do anymore!! I threw one item right in the trash....some sort of wrap I had made using Lion Brand Incredible that was just "ugly" as Noey put it, and I know I'll never use that yarn. Klaralund almost hit the frog pond, but she survived once again. I'm thinking of using the Silk Garden for Angelica, just can't bring myself to frog her yet.

So the rest of the day was spent knitting while Noey lay on the couch watching Scooby Doo videos. I worked mostly on Noey's cardigan, which is coming along nicely.

4 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Shar said...

I did the big purge recently as well. I know what you mean about the andean silk. I initially tried it for my clap as well. I want a clappy too, I have it on the needles, but I'm not sure if it's going to make it until the end. Right now it's on hold. I love Noey's sweater, what yarn are you using. The color is great.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Noey D. said...

Hi Shar! I'm thinking about KnitPicks Shimmer for my Clapi now!! I'm using Caron Simply Soft for Noey's sweater, and it is really soft!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I frogged a couple of things a few weeks ago & I was surprised at how great it felt! I thought I would be upset at all that time wasted but actually I felt like I was reclaiming the potential of the yarn & that was awesome. I'm already planning another major frogging of a poncho in Lornas Laces that I want to turn into a little sweater for my girl - much better use of the yarn.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I hope Noey is feeling better today! Poor little girl. Sorry about Clappy . . . but if you weren't happy with the color it's not worth all the time, right? Frogging can be so freeing. I think that yarn will look great as an Hourglass. I love Noey's little sweater, and your mom will just love ther Feather and Fan scarf!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home