MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Sunday, May 07, 2006

I did it!!

Behold! It is a finished sock!! Albeit an ugly color sock, and a pretty boring sock...but it is indeed a sock! I finally got the courage to just sit down and knit a sock. It was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be.
This is just a basic sock pattern, I think Knitting Pure and Simple. I used Woolease from my stash (formerly the Vintage Bolero). This is my practice sock, I will not be making it's mate. I did however cast on a Basic Rib sock with the leftover Moda Dea Sassy Stripes I had on hand. I'm rather pleased with myself! I made a sock!!

1 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger scarlet said...

Congrats on the sock! I myself made a mateless worsted-weight "practice sock" first, just to make sure I could do it. I wonder where that weirdo too-short bulky thing is now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home