MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Out of the mouths of babes

Conversation in the car on the way home from a birthday party at Kid Concepts:

Noey: "Mommy, can I have my birthday party at Kid Concepts next year?"

Me: "I don't know, we'll have to think about it. It's pretty expensive." (like $500.00)

Noey: "Please Mommy? I really want to."

Me: "I'd have to start saving my money now!"

Noey: "I know how you could save money, Mommy."

Me: "How?"

Noey "Stop buying yarn!"

Me (under my breath) "Ain't gonna happen!"

6 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

ooooh, does she realized the gravity of that statement.... how close she must have come to...., well, I don't know what, but it would be bad.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Shar said...

oh my...what was your reply?

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger shizzknits said...

LOL!!!

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

How sweet!

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh no, she's very smart and observant, isn't she??? You're going to have to teach her to knit soon so she doesn't try to cut in on your yarn money anymore. Of course, then she'll be snatching your yarn. Hmm, it's trouble either way. LOL She's the best!!!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger scarlet said...

"Stop buying yarn!" If I had a dollar for every time someone had suggested that to me as a money-saving measure, well, then... I'd go out and buy more yarn, just to SHOW THEM! Stop buying yarn indeed!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home