MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Monday, April 17, 2006

Project Spectrum - Searching for Yellow and Orange

I've realized we don't have much yellow or orange in our lives.

This is about it! My Fiestaware. This all belonged to my grandmother, who gave it to me shortly before she died in 1993 at the age of 93. She bought it in the 30's, used it everyday, and ran it through the dishwasher. We use it everyday and run it through the dishwasher too. It's lost some economic value because of the dishwasher, but it holds so much sentimental value!
I love the bright, vivid colors. (despite the dishwashing!)

The yarn is one of 2 skeins I bought at the not so Fabulous Fiber Fest last fall for $1.00 each. It is the softest cheap acrylic I've ever felt! I'm making a One Skein Wonder as a birthday gift for Noey's friend Hannah.

2 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

I love my Fiestaware and use it every day too, but mine's new and all bought just for me... but hey, someday I'll be the grandma and I'll hand it down!

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger jennifer said...

yum yum yum - i LOVE my fiestaware as well. i even have the same yellow pitcher! you've inspired me to photograph my cabinet!
take care!
xoxo
~j

 

Post a Comment

<< Home