MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Noey likes to sneak into my pictures. Here she is with her bear with one of the chairs I finished. We bought a set of six of these chairs unfinished 2 years ago. (yes TWO years ago!) At the time I thought it would be a fun little do-it-yourself project to stain them myself, I wanted to match our dining table. Well, let me tell you.....we sat on them for 2 years unfinished!! I could never muster up the courage or the time to finish them. So over the Christmas break I took them all over to my parent's house and my dad helped me finish them. I have to say they turned out pretty good!
Just a couple more things to finish and I'll officially call the remodel OVER!!

3 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Wow, great job!! It really looks beaufiful. I've had an unfinished computer chair as long as I can remember - maybe some day I'll stain and varnish it!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger shizzknits said...

TAG! http://shizzyknits.blogspot.com/2006/01/first-time-for-everything_12.html

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

Great Chairs Karyn, good for you for getting to them! I have a bazillion little fixer up things sitting around waiting for my attention, but alas, so many loves, so little time!!! I got yoru message about the yarn, MANY THANKS again, I will let you know as soon as that beautiful cotton ease is in my eager little hands!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home