MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

We started the New Year out by watching the Rose Parade in the cozy comfort of our living room. It has been wet, wet, wet here the last couple of days, but today is bright and sunny! You can read all about us Californians not being able to cope with the rain on Wendy's and Lynda's blogs. It's true! We can't deal with fashion or driving when it rains! Which is actually quite strange, since it rains quite a bit here!

Noey and I are off until January 9, and it has been a whirlwind of activity around here the last 2 weeks. I've managed to finish a couple of items (see below) and have gotten back to a few WIP's. I've been diligently working on the Vintage Bolero, and the Stripey Scarf. I am resolved to finish up all my WIP's before I start anything new! and believe me I have a ton of new projects in the wings! Although as soon as my latest order comes in I will drop what I'm doing and start on a hat for baby Isabella! My friend Michael (the one I made the baby blanket for) and his wife had Isabella in early December. I ordered some Koigu in a pretty pink colorway as soon as I heard the news, but I guess with the holidays, shipping has been delayed. My package (including a couple of goodies for moi!) should arrive today or tomorrow.

The other project taking up my time these days is our house. Two years ago we did a major remodel, and although the "big stuff" was complete over a year ago, the "small stuff" just never got done. So I've been working like a fiend to get it done before my vacation is over. I've been painting, cleaning, painting, packing, painting, shopping, and painting.

Thank you all for your kind comments about My Family! Some day I will have to tell you more of the Story of Noey! You know you won't have to twist my arm......I could talk about that child all day!

2 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

hi there! thank you so much for the christmas ornaments! and the boys gift too.. that was so thoughtful of you...the package arrived on christmas eve so we just waited until christmas morning to open with the other gifts :) we had a whirlwind of a holiday too! I posted your blog addy on mine with pics!

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Dreams of Yarn said...

Hi Karyn!! Tell us about Noey!!!

As for the cotton ease, I was hoping to get my hands on one skien of blue and one of Red. If you have either I would be more than willing to pay or trade yarn!!! e-mail me at knittinglamb at gmail dot come

shannon from Knit Happens
http://www.knithappens.blogdrive.com

THANKS FOR THE OFFER!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home