MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Here's another view with my china hutch in the background. I just thought it was a cool shot. I collect FiestaWare and vintage pottery. My dad made the hutch for me after I saw one in a magazine.
My grandmother bought a lot of FiestaWare in the 40's as her everyday dishes. She left it to me when she passed in 1993 at the age of 93. I use the plates and bowls as my everyday dishes, some of the other pieces (like the yellow pitcher) are just for show!! and I think of my grandmother every day!

2 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger Karen said...

You know, when I was knitting my first baby hat (for my best friends baby due in March) I was wondering the same thing. It looked so small - are baby head really so tiny? I think they probably are, and we are just so used to knitting things that are much larger. I absolutely love the china hutch and all of your china!!! How nice that you have your grandmothers FiestaWare - and I think it's great that you use the plates and bowls. A nice way to keep the memories fresh.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

Fiestaware is my everyday too!, but alas, all of mind is new... I guess I'll hand it down and someday someone can say "it was my grandmothers!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home