MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I fell off the wagon

already! It's been, what? 5 days since the major life changing event and the agreement under duress to not purchase any more yarn......well yesterday ** gasp** I bought yarn!! Problem is I have fallen in love with the One Skein Wonder, still trying to make one for my friend Debbie whose birthday was Sunday. I whipped up another one in wool, but decided wool may not be so comfortable for the summer. So I decided to knit one up in Cotton Ease, but all my CE is spoken for. So off Noey and I went for a Cotton Ease expedition. First stop - JoAnn's. Every single bin was empty! Not a skein in sight. (and the clearance price of $3.00 wasn't that great anyway) So our next stop was Tuesday Morning. Success!!! They had 9 skeins of Candy Blue and 6 skeins of Orangeade so I bought them all! Only $2.00 per skein.....how could I not? That's a money saving deal on my part!!!

Okay, so here's the really bad part....there is another Tuesday Morning store on my very own street......as soon as I drop Noey off at preschool this morning I am going to see if they have any Cotton Ease!!!

So now I am knitting a OSW for myself in Blueberry Cotton Ease, and after that I will make a tank to match. But I guess I better start on Debbie's birthday gift soon!

(I'm having trouble uploading pictures so......nothing to see today! sorry!)

3 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Shar said...

Just quietly sneak it into the house and add it to the stash. I made the OSW in cotton ease for my daughter. It's not to heavy, just enough to kill the chill.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Carrie K said...

I went and bought yarn yesterday myself, even though I haven't finished a single project I've started and I swore not to buy yarn all summer. Unless I find some for that Pi Shawl. Alas. The baby blanket I was going to make isn't going to be done in time, so I got yarn for a baby bonnet instead.

At least yours was a great bargain! And not even for yourself. Can you finish it by Sunday?

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Noey D. said...

I love the CE....it's just right for summer, and not itchy!! Debbie's birthday was last Sunday.....but now my goal is to finish before she leaves on vacation! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home