MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Finished Object!!

I finally finished Misty Garden. It seemed like it took forever! I think I got bored with the pattern, and knowing that I wouldn't wear it until fall or winter slowed me down. Noelle and I are working in the church nursery every other Sunday (and we get paid for it!) so I finished it today in between services. I have it blocking at the moment.

I also made a dress and a skirt for Noey's Barbies. My grandmother had knitted me a whole bunch of Barbie outfits, only one survived, so I used that as a pattern for the dress. It took no time at all, I made them both yesterday.

One of my kids at school gave me a Barnes & Noble gift card so I bought "The Knitters Handy Book of Patterns" yesterday. I wasn't sure I would like it, I felt pressured by Noey to get in, buy something fast, and get out. I read it last night.....very cool. The patterns are pretty simple but I like that you can choose any yarn weight. But again, I won't be wearing any of the items until fall/winter so I'm not in any hurry to start them.

Now I'm kinda at loose ends knitting wise. I don't have anything started (except the Relaxed Pullover) and I don't know what I want to work on......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home