MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

An Almost Finished Object


I'm just about done with my Mini Poncho from IK Fall 2005. It's a really easy knit, took about a week of sporadic knitting. I learned a new stitch - the Purse Stitch - really pretty. I just need to seam her up and crochet a couple of flowers and she is finito.

I have so many things in the queue that I want to knit: The Airy Scarf and Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, Ribbed Bolero/Vintage Bolero, Wrist Warmers, Wild Fiber Shrug.....I just don't know what to start next. I promised my niece Megan I'd make her a Tank.....she picked out a pretty turquoise in Classic Elite Provence, so I ordered it from Webs and I guess I'll start that when it arrives.

Thanks Stephanie and Shar for your words of wisdom. I am starting to feel better about the whole Kindergarten scene. We went out today and bought a bunch of uniforms for Noey.....and of course she looks adorable in them!!

I start my new job next Thursday, and while I am looking forward to having some money, I have really enjoyed the Stay at Home Mom gig. The job is great - the hours fit perfectly with Noey's school hours, I can take a month off in the summer if I want, I can take days off if Noey has something going on at school....what more could I ask for?!

1 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Shar said...

I love that color. You have a long to knit list as well. It's so hard for me deciding what to do next and resisting the temptation to cast on many, many projects. Good luck with the new job. Great hours and flexibility.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home