MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Enjoying Life


Noey and I ventured into the wilds of Los Angeles yesterday to go to the Museum of Natural History. I was a little nervous about driving into LA by ourselves, but it turned out to be fast and easy. The museum was fantastic! I had not been there in at least 20 years and Noey had never been. The animal exhibits were just the same, but now there is a whole dinosaur exhibit.....Noey's favorite! It was such a nice day!

I started Megan's OSW with Cotton Ease in Candy Blue yesterday, but had to put it down to finish a dishcloth in a hurry. I just found out that my uncle and his new wife will be arriving tomorrow from Montana. They have a new house, so I figured a couple of hand knit dishcloths would be a nice housewarming gift.

I'm a little disappointed in our new Walmart. We have not had a Walmart near us so occasionally we would drive out to Cerritos, but it was really inconvenient. Finally they built one relatively close to us. Noey and I went there this morning. I mainly went there for some Lily Sugar & Cream cotton for the aforementioned dishcloth. Their yarn selection is pathetic....all Red Heart and Bernat, only a skein or two of Lion Brand, and absolutely no Sugar & Cream. So I was forced to stop at JoAnn's on the way home. Well, I was only going in for the Sugar & Cream and was going to use the cash in my wallet, when I spotted.......my beloved Cotton Ease......in Sugar Plum.....the one color I didn't get.....so guess what? I bought it!!! I guess now my CE collection is complete! (although I did read that another blogger had 163 skeins in stash!!)

I ordered "Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles" from Amazon last night. My mom wanted a quilting book, but didn't want to pay shipping so I offered to help her out. Aren't I nice? So I'm hoping I'll be able to actually make a pair of socks finally!

2 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Blogger Shar said...

I bought that book today at my LYS. I hope it's easier than with all of those DPN's.I'm beginning to thing that cotton wase is not discontinued. My local Joanne's is full of it, although not the 2 colors that I want. Oh well, I'll keep searching.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Kate said...

163 skeins! Wow! That blogger must have a whole closet filled with Cotton Ease. I like it too, but, gee!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home