MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Big Day

Today was a big day for us. First my Denise needles came!! That was fast......I just ordered them over the weekend. I haven't had a chance to use them yet, but they look interesting. Kudos to Copper Moose for such fast service.

Then this afternoon, for the first time ever in her whole entire 5 years of life......Noey had a paid babysitter! We're just trying this out to see how it goes. Turns out the preschool secretary, who is probably 25 or so, babysits. So I hired her for this afternoon. I went shopping....by myself. I was a little nervous about the whole deal but I soothed my nerves by buying 7 tops! (I am starting a new job soon and needed more appropriate clothing.) Apparently everything went well. They were eating chocolate and watching Toy Story when I got home. It's nice to finally have a babysitter. DH and I have not gone out by ourselves for......years??? I can't even remember the last time we went out without Noey.

No knitting yet today. I spent the entire morning cleaning the house in preparation for the babysitter. I'm still working on the purse, and the Relaxed Pullover, and the Feather and Fan Shawl, and Misty Garden, but I want to start something on my Denise needles!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home