MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Sunday, October 30, 2005


It was hard to get a good pic of the Circle Afghan because of the enormity of the thing, and it's not even half done yet!! Well, maybe I'm more than half done. I've completed round 98, but it increases every 4th or 5th round, so it seems like it goes on forever. I have to say it is gorgeous, and will be hard to part with! It's such a huge undertaking I doubt I will be up to making one for myself. This is my at home project. My car project is the Spa Cloth below.

That's all I've been working on. I've imposed a moratorium on working on non-Christmas related projects.....which is driving me crazy!! I want to start my shrug, or my Marilyn's Not So Shrunken Sweater, or my Ella, or work on the Vintage Bolero, or Clapotis, or one of a million other projects. But I feel like I have to get some Christmas presents done first.

But a knitting moratorium does not mean a shopping moratorium. My church nursery proceeds go to my yarn supplies. I just received my October check so I've been online! I've been searching high and low for Crystal Palace Merino Frappe to make a shrug in FCEK, but haven't been able to find it anywhere. So I finally decided LB Colorwaves would work. I also picked up a few little goodies for my Secret Pal, and some sock yarn. I am bound and determined to make socks, and I think I have enough books, patterns, and different types of sock yarn to make 10 pairs of socks!

2 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

Wow - I can't wrap my head around knitting something as big as an afghan... those rows must seem like they're getting miles long! It's sure gonna be pretty, though!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger scarlet said...

Yummy colors on your afghan! I know it will be so lovely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home