MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Thursday, May 19, 2005

The great knitting conspiracy

Everytime I start a new project I need yet another size needles that I don't have, so I'm off to my LYS or online to order. DH thinks this is all a great conspiracy concocted by the knitting industry. Somehow they have conspired to make all patterns require a different size needle so we have to go out and buy more stuff!! In other news....Branching Out is done! It turned out really nice, just needs to be blocked. Which works out perfectly because my blocking board arrived yesterday! Now I just need some blocking pins.....mmmmm.....part of the conspiracy no doubt. I started working on the Upbeat Top from Creative Knitting Magazine yesterday but I'm still having trouble with the cast on. I tried aluminum needles instead of bamboo to see if that made a difference. Then I left the darn thing at work yesterday! So I started on The Relaxed Pullover from Family Circle Easy Knitting last night. I'm using Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Cherry Red. Only have about 2 inches done so far. I really like the way this yarn works up so I am tempted to go buy up a bunch more while they still have it.

1 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Kellie said...

I feel the same way. Every time I find a pattern that I would love to make up I have to write down a shopping list just for the needles! Some day we will have them all. :) Just our luck they'll come out with some "new" size then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home