MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Knitting News

First, I went crazy online this morning and ordered a bunch of stuff! I ordered 3 books: Weekend Knitting, Shawls and Scarves, and Learn to Knit Socks from Amazon. I am really going to attempt to make some socks!! I took the plunge and ordered a set of double pointed needles and some yarn from joann.com. Second, I am going to set up a knitting class at the school where I work. It'll be a once a week class in the summer for 2nd thru 6th graders. I'm really excited, not only will I teach the kids to knit, but I'll get to knit at work!!

1 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Lola said...

Good luck with the socks! I'm working on my first pair, too. Before I started I did a "test sock" on larger needles, but I don't think I really needed to. They're really easy up until the shaping, I think. There was an episode of Knitty Gritty that explained it really well, I felt fairly confident after watching that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home