MY LIFE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD AND MY OBSESSIONS....SEWING and KNITTING!

Saturday, April 16, 2005

I'm so depressed

My knitting has been rather disappointing lately. First I did a swatch for the Perfect Pullover and was way off! So, I tried again.......still off. So I used smaller needles.....still off. I don't want to go any smaller because it seems too tight. So I tossed that aside. Last night I finished my CP Shawl. Woo Hoo! It is so pretty!! But soooo small!! I am so sad! I wanted it so bad. I tried to block it, but don't really know how and don't really have a good place to do it, so no luck there. Uggggggh! And I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for my orders to arrive. One has been sitting in the post office less than 5 miles from my house for 2 days.....why can't I have it??? On a more positive note, I did the swatch for my Raglan Sweater and it was perfect the first time!! Don't know how that could've happened!! I did start a new shawl last night and darn it, this one will be big enough!! It's from left over yarn, a few rows in random order. I've done about 4 different yarns so far, and it's really cool. We're going to the park today, so I'll take something mindless to work on to take my mind off the disappointments! Maybe the potholders for my mom?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home